Today we have a whole bunch of screenshots as well as some juicy
bits of info for IC and Best Way's third-person post-apocalyptic
role-playing game Nuclear Union. Set in an
alternative reality where the Cuban Missile Crisis ended in a
nuclear war between USSR and the US, you assume the role a Soviet
pilot who participated in the nuclear bombing of the latter.
- You can choose to travel with any two party
members at a time, from what the developers
promise will be some very interesting and colourful characters. You
can't control them, but can affect their behaviour
and issue commands during
- Be prepared for a diverse range of
weaponry, including a large selection of "unusual"
small arms, as well as some experimental Soviet prototypes. There
will also be a deep system of barrel and gun
- The game will
and mutants due to the effects
of the multiple nuclear strikes.
- Most of the game takes place above ground, in the part of
Moscow that survived the nuclear apocalypse.
- Players can traverse freely across previously-visited
locations. You can visit more locations as and when the game
progresses. Best Way has promised a huge
map to wander around.
- In-game battles are all real-time, though you can
use active pause for more
precise shooting or assigning commands to party members.
- The game will be distributed both
via retail and
- While there will be various vehicles in the game, these are
likely to be non-drivable.
- Best Way boasts that the game will feature a universe more
detailed and realistic than that of STALKER or Metro
2033.i.e NPC have their
routines - "farmers breed cattle and cultivate
crops, others work in labour-shops, mutants and animals roam around
searching for food, and run away from tougher enemies and
- Both the player and the AI can use environmental cover for
- Players will initially be fighting against human enemies, but
the number of mutant opponents will increase as the game
- Trading is in and features in a
major way. "You can sell almost anything if a trader has money and
is willing to buy it from you."
- Best Way has indicated that
the SDK will be released to
the masses, and has statted that the new GEM3
engine features more visual than textual
editing, enabling easier and more precise creation of materials,
maps and missions.
Don't hesitate to check out our previous articles for the
trailer and previously released art
Nuclear Union arrives in 2013 for the PC.
Source: Official Website